Give The Gift Of New TeethDecember 7th, 2016
This holiday season, Dr. Bessonet wants to help you give yourself or a loved one the gift of new teeth. Our Geismar, LA dental office can give you a full-mouth reconstruction in total comfort as we are the only dental provider in the area that can offer you IV sedation. Your teeth replacement options include:
If you still have some of your natural teeth left and they are in need of repair, we also offer restorative dentistry. And for teeth that can not be saved, Dr. Bessonet can perform a tooth extraction.
Don’t end another year without the smile you’ve always wanted. To schedule your restorative dentistry consultation with Dr. Bessonet, call us today at 225.963.5548.
Dr. Bessonet can place and restore several different types of dental implants at our dental office. That means you don’t have to visit a specialist at an unfamiliar office for treatment. A dental implant is designed to look and function like a natural tooth.
A portion of a dental implant goes beneath your gumline, just like the root of your tooth, to bond with your jawbone. This creates a secure, durable hold that can last a lifetime with proper care. The portion of your dental implant that is above your gumline is restored with a replacement tooth or teeth that will look just like a real tooth.
We offer full-size traditional dental implants and also mini dental implants. Thanks to their smaller size, mini dental implants don’t require as much bone density for support. During your exam, Dr. Bessonet will be able to assess your jawbone and suggest the right dental implants for you. The sooner you replace a lost tooth or teeth, the better. Dental implants can slow or stop the bone loss that can follow tooth loss. As your jaw shrinks, the entire shape of your face can change.
All-on-4 is a new dental implant procedure that allows Dr. Bessonet to mount all of your replacement teeth on just four dental implants. This is great because:
- Fewer dental implants are more cost-effective
- All-on-4 dental implants can be placed and restored during a single visit
- You will experience a shorter recovery time
Dentures are designed to look like your teeth and gums and fit over your natural gums. We have several different types:
- Full removable dentures – These are a full set of dentures that you can remove. They are held in place by the natural moisture in your mouth or by using a special paste.
- Partial dentures – These are ideal if you only need to replace a section of teeth. They have a built-in metal clasp that holds them in your mouth by securing them to your natural teeth.
- Implant-retained dentures – These dentures snap right onto a set of dental implants for a reliable hold – no gagging or coming loose while you’re talking or eating. We can do these in a single visit. It’s called a same-day smile and you will leave our office with “load-bearing” dentures, which means you can begin enjoying your favorite foods again right away.
- Implant-supported dentures – These dentures rest on a bar that attaches to your dental implants. Because they don’t rest directly on your gums, you’ll experience less irritation.
- Temporary dentures – You don’t have to go toothless while you wait for your new dentures to be made. Temporary dentures will help you remain confident in your appearance in the meantime.
Dr. Bessonet wants to make sure you’re completely comfortable during your teeth replacement procedure. The only thing you should feel leading up to your appointment is excitement, not anxiety. We offer several levels of sedation:
- IV sedation will put you into a dream-like state. As mentioned, we are the only area dental office that can offer you IV sedation. Your memories following your visit will be hazy, so you’ll think back on your visit without the stress of remembering the details. You’ll need a ride home as the effects can take a bit to wear off.
- Oral sedation will also require a ride home. You’ll take a pill before your appointment, so you’ll already feel relaxed when you arrive. You won’t remember much of your treatment following oral sedation, but you will be conscious the entire time.
- Nitrous oxide, or laughing gas, will make you feel exuberant. You’ll breathe it in through a small mask over your nose during your appointment. The effects are not lasting, so you’ll be ready to get back to your day shortly after we remove your mask.
Give yourself the gift that you’ll be grateful for every day – new teeth. Call Ascension Premier Dental today at 225.963.5548 to schedule your appointment.