We've been doing orthodontics for some time now. We offer three, different types of orthodontics. We offer Invisalign, we offer six month braces, and we offer comprehensive braces. The six month braces are something that a lot of adults really like, because they may not be concerned with their back teeth, and, if they're slightly crooked, or slightly off. They're mainly worried about their front teeth, when they're smiling and talking ... and teeth that people see. Most of the times those teeth are, maybe, rotated or tipped or out of line or un-level, and we can usually accomplish that in six months with clear braces that, by the time they're done, most people don't even notice that they were on. I've had several patients come in, and it was 3 to 4 months before anybody even noticed they had braces. Recently had another patient who thought about it for two years. We took her records, and she didn't come back for two years, because she was so nervous about getting the work done. We completed her treatment in six months. She said it was the best thing that she'd ever done for herself.
When you don’t have straight teeth, the last thing that you want to hear is that it will take two to three years of treatment to fix them. That is why Six month braces may be the solution for you. A relatively new treatment for people who have teeth that need to be straightened, Powerprox Six Month Braces™ offers a solution that will allow you to get the smile you want in less time than traditional metal braces or other alignment treatments. Now, you can get the smile you want in an amount of time that fits your busy lifestyle. Visit our dental office or call us at 225.963.5548 to see if Six month braces Geismar and Prairieville, LA area service is the right option for you.
What are Six Month Braces™?
Powerprox Six Month Braces™ are similar to the Invisalign alignment method in that they are not as visible as traditional metal braces. This dental treatment uses clear brackets instead of traditional metal brackets. Tooth-colored wires are then used to mask the appearance further without sacrificing the utility of the treatment. This allows Dr. Bessonet to fix your smile in a shorter amount of time without impacting the way you look like metal braces do.
What are the advantages of Six Month Braces™ over other treatment options?
There are many advantages when it comes to using Six Month Braces™:
- Treatment takes less time. The average treatment is only six months because the Six Month Braces™ treatment focuses on the teeth that have the most cosmetic influence on your smile. This treatment does not alter your bite, but rather just straightens your smile.
- There are fewer risks associated with Six Month Braces™ than with traditional braces. This is because the Six Month Braces™ treatment focuses only on the teeth that have a visible impact on your smile, and they use a lower range of forces.
- Six Month Braces™ are more comfortable than traditional metal braces. Common logic says that in order to straighten teeth in a shorter amount of time, we would have to apply more force to the teeth we are trying to straighten. This is not the case with Six Month Braces™. Because this treatment focuses on the teeth that are seen when you smile, there is actually less force applied to the teeth. The additional fact that fewer teeth are being adjusted also adds to the decrease in discomfort.
What should I know about Six Month Braces™?
There are a few things you need to know when considering Six Month Braces™:
- You will need to wear a retainer to protect your new smile. This will keep your teeth from moving back into their previous positions. If a removable retainer is not something you want to deal with, there may be other options available.
- Six Month Braces™ are generally less expensive than other more widely practiced options. This makes them an attractive option if you want to fix your smile without breaking the bank.
- Six Month Braces™ are much less visible than traditional metal braces. This is due to the clear brackets and tooth-colored wires the treatment uses. You will get the smile you want without it affecting the way you look.
- Six Month Braces™ will not adjust your bite. It is important to keep in mind that this treatment focuses on the teeth that make up your smile and as such is a purely cosmetic dental treatment.
How do I know if Six Month Braces™ are right for me?
Ascension Premier Dental of Geismar, LA proudly offers Six Month Braces™ for patients 16 years old and up. To find out if Six Month Braces Geismar and Prairieville, LA are right for you, come in for an initial consultation to determine the option that will best fit your needs. Contact our office at 225-963-5548 to schedule your appointment today. You may use the contact form to reach out as well. We can’t wait to hear from you.